Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Introduction and Purpose

Hello There!  My name is Kristie Escobar and I am a PhD student at Florida State University's College of Information.  I have always loved books my entire life and I am a huge fan of Young Adult Literature.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I could make a career out of this passion as anything other than an author.

Did you know that Young Adult literature has the power to plant the seeds of social change?  Books allow readers to search for information and answers to questions that they may be too embarrassed to ask face to face.  Books also allow us to live thousands of lives, placing us in the minds and hearts of a multitude of different races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual identities.  I am not just talking about the "good books" that receive awards, I am also talking about those that are put out by those who are self-published.  Let's discover these new authors together, shall we?

How better to change the world than by striving to better understand what it means to be human?  This is why my blog exists; to turn you on to lives you never knew existed and to leave you with a deeper compassion and empathy for your race:  HUMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment